Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June Week 3 & 4 "Rock On B-Day"




Here is a card I made for my nephew who will be turning 11- eleven. Oh boy! let me tell you I have the toughest time making Boy cards especially in the almost teen/teen age. The only thing I knew to go with was his favorite color Green. After this card an how long it took me to come up with an idea..I'm now going to buy boy theme pattern paper stacks. All the stacks I have are girlie style pattern papers. If I had any papers that were close to being for a boy there wasn't a lot of green in it. Green is what I was going for color wise. Also I need to invest in boy theme carts..I keep saying I'm going to get one or two, but just haven't yet. Hopefully he likes the card. I know he will like the birthday money inside more than the card :) they always do.

I Used:
DCWV pattern paper-Not sure stack
DCWV green paper on Star is from the Flower Shower stack
Bazzill cardstock
Wausau Cardstock
B-Day Bash cart- Rock On! 4"-Birthday 4" (page 25) I didn't use the wishes
P-Schoolbook-Stars 1" & 3/4"-Boy 3/4" (Roly Poly font)
CTMH Ink-Clover Meadow
SU Dimensionals
A2 size card
*I notice when I cut something small in thicker cardstock it kinda frays a bit.

Thanks for Looking an all the Great comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena