Monday, June 27, 2011

Yummy Taco Enchilada Bake..(recipe share)


glitter-graphics.com

Prep*


Ingredients


Before baking


Done :) It's still bubbling


It looks really sloppy cause the bottom tortilla shell stuck to my spatula

I got this Recipe on Tasty Kitchen from Mrs. Schwartz

Taco Enchilada Bake

Ingredients

  • 1 pound Ground Beef
  • 1 whole Onion, Diced
  • 1 envelope (about 1 Oz. Size) Taco Seasoning
  • ⅔ cups Water
  • ⅔ cups Taco Sauce
  • 2-½ cups Cheddar Cheese, divided
  • ½ cups Sour Cream
  • 1 can 4 Oz Can Green Chilis
  • 1 can Red Enchilada Sauce, 10 Ounce Can (El Paso Mild Preferred)
  • 10 whole Small Soft Tortilla Shells

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Cook ground beef with diced onion over medium heat until meat is browned. Add taco seasoning to the meat along with the water. Let simmer until it thickens. Add taco sauce, mix to combine. Then remove from heat and set aside.

Mix 2 cups of the cheese and the sour cream. Add green chilis. Set aside until you are ready to assemble.

Grease a baking pan. Add a small amount of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. Put a layer of the tortillas down in the pan. Add 1/3 of the meat mixture and some more of the enchilada sauce on top of the meat. Top with another layer of tortillas.

Add a half of the green chili and cheese mixture to the top of the tortillas. Add another layer of tortillas and repeat with a layer of the meat, enchilada sauce, tortillas, cheese mixture. The top layer should be just enchilada sauce and the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.

Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.


My Notes** I used a 8"x 11" backing dish. I also didn't use all 10 shells, I only used 8. I think it turned out fine, but you can add all 10 if you like. I will add this recipe to my recipe box for sure. Also when I cut the servings I used a knife. Quick Easy Week Night Meal! If you like click on the Title or name of recipe creator to go to the original recipe. If anyone gives the recipe a try or has had this recipe before, let me know what you think.


Have a Great Week Everyone! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena