Friday, March 9, 2012

Cooking With Cricut #76 Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss/Read Across America




For the Cooking With Cricut Challenge #76 Dr. Seuss Birthday. You had to make a card etc. from one of your favorite Dr. Seuss books or another favorite book of yours. It's hard to choose just one favorite book of Dr. Seuss. I loved them all, but I always remember Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him! This book is about a Boy named Hooper Humperdink who wasn't invited to a Birthday Party. Everyone else was, but him :( :( Not to long ago my sister was going through our books from our childhood an we came across this one. It was one of my favorites to read. I think I loved all the birthday stuff in the book. It has a really great story. If you never read it, I do recommend reading it. So for my card I went with a Birthday theme.

I Used/Recipe:
DCWV PP- Birthday stack
Wausau CS
Bazzill CS
DCWV CS
Birthday Bash cart- pg.23 Layer 2/Balloon 2 1/4" & 2 1/2" -- pg. 32 Layer 1/Ice Cream Cone 4 1/2"-- pg. 25 Cake 3 3/4"
CTMH Ink- Sunny Yellow
Sharpie pen
White gel pen
I free hand the happy birthday
I also added dots around some of the bigger dots on the PP
SU Dimensionals
A2 card

Thanks for looking an all the great comments! *sorry if my pics are blurry, I had a little helper(fur baby) jumping up an bumping the area I take the pics in :) :)

11 comments:

  1. Sheena! Awesome card. I just love the design. You are so talented!! The colors are so bright and cheery. TFS and thanks for playing with us again at Cooking With Cricut.
    ~Madison CWC DT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that book. Not a well known one but a great one. Great birthday cake. Thanks for joining us at CWC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Cooking With Cricut this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. sheena, how beautiful your card is. i like all the bright colors. they are so festive and poor hooper. i even got teary eyed. :)
    hugs to tilly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card and great book choice :D Thanks for joining the fun at Cooking With Cricut this week! Best of luck.
    -Jamie L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great and cherry card! Love the paper you used. Thanks for joining us at Cookin with Cricut. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOSH!! I totally forgot about that book! It was one of my absolute favorites growing up! *pauses for nostalgic purposes* Super card - I like how you captured the bright cheerfulness of Dr. Seuss' books - so fun! Thanks for linking up to CWC this week - and for bringing back such great memories for me. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors, and I have to admit that I have never read that one! We'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing this week at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute Sheena! I love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at CWC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena