Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cooking With Cricut #102 Color Challenge






This week at My Paper Craft World the Cooking With Cricut Challenge was a Color Challenge. The colors you had to use are Brown, Kraft, Cream, Green, and Red. I love these colors together. Fall is my favorite time of year and these colors remind me of the leaves changing, caramel apples, and all the fun things about Fall. My card is simple..I did a stamped background on simple pattern paper. My card could be used for a simple greeting to a friend.

I Used/Recipe:
Cloud9 Design PP- Seasonal Stack
Wausau CS
P Schoolbook cart- Squares 2"
A Child's Year cart- pg37 Icon/Leaves 2"
CTMH Ink- Ponderosa Pine, and Cranberry
SU Ink- Chocolate Chip
CTMH Stamp- Beautiful Day(the twig looking stamp)
Studio 112 Stamp- Leaves
SU Deminisonals
A2 Card

** QUESTION** Does anyone have any good recommendations for a Paper Trimmer?? Right now I use the little Cricut/Provo Craft one. I like it, but it seems like I go thru blades a lot and it makes my paper edges look like they have crumbs hanging off the edges. Price is not an issue. I would love to get a new Paper Timmer. Thanks :)

Thanks for all the comments!
Hugs, Sheena

4 comments:

  1. Love your Fall card, Sheena! The background is perfect for this card. Thanks so much for joining our color challenge this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    P.S. I use a Fiskars paper trimmer and have had pretty good luck with it. I usually change blades every 3 to 4 months (depending on use).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheena, your card is lovely. I love the squares each with a single leaf - simple yet perfect! Thanks for sharing at Cooking with Cricut.
    Oh, I use the Martha Stewart trimmer. I have found that I don't need to change blades as often as the Cricut Trimmer. If I start to get "crumbs" I clean the track with a needle and I also alternate cutting from the top down to bottom up - seems the blades last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CWC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice stamped background. and the leaves are awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena