Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cooking With Cricut #105 Apples or Honey






Over at My Paper Craft World this week the Cooking With Cricut Challenge was Apples or Honey in honor of the Fall feast Yahweh(Yeshua Jesus Christ Our Lord),Yom Teruah (New Year) and Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement). I went with Honey for my card. I love honey bees and bee hives I think they are so cute. Plus I really wanted to use this Autumn paper I have. I thought it go well with a Honey theme. I made an S-Fold card. This is my first go at an S-Fold. I got the idea from Mary at CARDZ TV..that is our challenge for her this week an S-Fold and well I wanted to give it a try for the Cooking With Cricut Challenge. This card is for Cooking With Cricut since it's not a Halloween theme. I have to say I Love the S-Fold style..I might even  make Christmas cards in the S-Fold style.

I Used/Recipe:
Cloud 9 Desgin PP- Seasonal Stack
Wausau CS
Bazzill CS
Pooh & Friends cart- pg16 Hive 3 1/2" Outiside and 3 1/4" Inside -- pg17 Bees 1 1/4" n 1" also used flip feature
CTMH Ink - Desert Sand
Black Sharpie- Faux stitching and Bzzz!
A2 size S-Fold card

*Note* my bees the base is Yellow and I used the sharpie pen to color the black onto them cause the cuts were too small on the cricut and they didn't turn out right when I glued them down. Also I drew on the little antenna's. Today really made me frustrated with my paper trimmer. I am headed to M's tomorrow and seeing what deals they have on a trimmer..it's time for a new one. Thank you for those who commented on several post back about Trimmers you recommend. I'll look at them tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hugs, Sheena

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at CWC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bee hive and your faux stitch. pretty pretty card!
    how's the new trimmer working?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena