Friday, October 26, 2012

VoxBox reviews 3 products

Hi Friends! I am back with a review of three products from my VoxBox. I have pictures of the products to share as well. Also a note...I am not great at taking self portraits/close ups of my eyes, so there won't be any pictures of those.

*These products were sent to me by Influenster..this is the Beauty Bloggers VoxBox 2012. All reviews will be my HONEST thoughts. You all know I only share some of my favorite Beauty products, I feel honored that Influenster shared this box with me, and that I can share it with you..I know maybe I can reach a crowd that don't follow or watch other Beauty bloggers that do this all the time. If any of you have tried these products before please feel free to share with me what you like and don't like. I would love to hear what you think as well. Remember I only give HONEST reviews. .*

NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact
for Brown Eyes/938 Union Square
Included in the compact: bottom to top: Highlighter, All over lid, Crease Contour, Crease Contour, Primer base, Illuminator
no pic of the primer or Illuminator *sorry
This compact retails for $4.99. I have Brown eyes so I was pretty excited to give this a try. The price kinda made me think it wouldn't be that great of a compact. However I was proven wrong. Now I used everything in this compact, but the applicator. I used my makeup brushes instead. I never get good application with those sponge applicators that come with eyeshadow. I think the primer is nice, it could also be used as a concealer if had to be. I have no creasing so I say the primer does its job :) Now on to the shadows. I like all the colors but one, the 3rd color the color right by the Plum shade. Its okay, but its not a color I usually grab for and I have the Urban Decay Naked palette so there is a color similar in that palette. I never go for that shade. I loved the others especially the Highlighter. I can see myself going to this for a quick highlight. It's light enough to even use as a Illuminator. The eyeshadow is really soft and very powdery. You defiantly have to shake the extra off the brush before applying or you will have fall out. I like how well they blended for me. I do like this compact. For the price it does the job.



Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream

Retails for $6.00 for full size 4-oz bottle. I have to say I was super pumped to try this. I have naturally curly hair and I either have to blow dry my hair or straighten it cause I never found a product that will help my curls by keeping them Frizz free and not a crunchy curl, you know like how some products do. I will say this I LOVE THIS PRODUCT...it worked so great with my hair. I will be buying a bigger bottle. The smell is a yummy smell, and its not a sticky cream. You can purchase this at a Drugstore, so if you are looking for a curl product give Not You Mother's a try. If it don't workout I do know most drugstores will take returns, just ask :) 


Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit
Style 05

Retails for $5.99. Okay when I saw that these were in the VoxBox I was kinda bummed, only because I am not a lashes wearer. I have pretty decent eyelashes and with the right mascara they look almost fake. I told myself I have to try these out, how hard can it really be, it is a starter kit. Okay I trimmed to the size I needed..they are really soft, that is a plus and they were easy to apply. I however felt like I had something on my eyelids that wasn't suppose to be there. lol.. Now I have worn false lashes for Halloween, but those were only on for a couple hours maybe even less cause I just couldn't take it. Now for those eye lash wearers out there I say these would work great for you. They say 100% Human Hair..they are super soft and easy to apply. They make you have super full lashes..Like a Kim K look, if that is what you are going for. For me though they just aren't my thing. I may try them again sometime.


These reviews were Honest. I will be back with some more reviews on other products in my VoxBox. Also I need to work on some Halloween cards...eeek Halloween is next week. I hope everyone stays safe with Hurricane Sandy coming. They are giving us two ways it will impact us...one is Snow and the other is Severe damaging winds..I rather have SNOW!!! 

Hugs, Sheena

1 comment:

  1. glad you liked the hair cream. i making a note to self here. i do not blow dry my hair unless i really need to speed the process and i certainly do not need to straighten it either. depends what kind of weather we have, it goes straight in auto mode, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena