Friday, May 17, 2013

Recipe: Ice Cream Bread

Hi Everyone! Yes, you read that right Ice Cream Bread. I made this last night at the request from my hubby. He visits several message board sites and this recipe was a huge thread. So with it being a simple recipe..Only 2-Two ingredients I decided to give it a try. The recipe comes from Tasty Kitchen (here is the direct link to recipe) I took pictures with my phone, so that's why they aren't super fancy..hehe  I will also share tips I have for when I made mine.

First step in Ice Cream Bread..the Two ingredients. 2 Cups Ice Cream, and 1 1/2" Cups Self Rising Flour

Mix the Two ingredients together. Grease n Flour Loaf pan. Make sure your Ice Cream is melted(I let mine set out) It don't say this in recipe, but it is implied by making sure the flour gets moistened.

Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. I did 35, my oven gets hot and it kept the bread moist. 

This was really good. It's not too sweet. If you wanted it sweet you could make a simple powder sugar glaze. You can use any Ice Cream you like, except Lite or Fat Free( I read that on another recipe I found) Next time I make this I am gonna try and find a stronger taste Ice Cream that I like to use, this had flavor, but it wasn't a strong flavor. Hubby loved it and so did I. I will make again, maybe even for a quick dessert for a party. If anyone has ever made this let me know :)
Hugs, Sheena 

2 Cups Ice Cream
1 1/2" Cups Self Rising Flour
Stir together ice cream and flour, stirring just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8×4 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from the pan, and cool on a wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is super easy!! My girls would love to make and eat this!!

    So I know we were emailing back and forth but I cannot find a single email (Maybe I am loosing my mind??)
    Anyways email me at abusybee24 at yahoo dot com

    Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Now come to my house and make me some! LOL!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...I have never heard about ice cream bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i forgot about this..glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena