Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March Week 3 "Peaceful Spring Tree" Challenge also




Here is my weekly card and also entry for the Alphabet Challenge Blog this week the letter was "T" and you had to use a Tree on any kid of project, card, layout etc. This is my first time entering this Alphabet Challenge. For my inspiration for the card I had this picture in my head of a really big tree out in a field with flowers scattered around...If I am able to set down an take a break under a tree I would like to relax with a good book or magazine. So I placed a little book under the tree. I guess I should of placed a Kindle or some kind of e-reader..haha since everyone is into those now.

I Used:
DCWV pattern paper- Flower Shower Stack
Wausau Cardstock
Create A Critter- Tree 3 1/4"
Pooh & Friends- Book 1/2", Clouds 1"
I free hand the grass area
CTMH Ink-Ponderosa Pine, Clover Meadow
the flowers are the left over after using a hole punch
A2 size card

Thanks for looking and for all the great comments!!

8 comments:

  1. love the book detail. you know it is in the details...and it applies to everything, right?
    good luck in the challenge my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning card. I love the scene you have created. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenge this week
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love the tree thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card so pretty good luck in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheena, I love your card! This is so serene and pretty! I really love the book and I can't imagine life without them! No matter the convenience of the electronic era, a good book is always my favorite!-Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. Great Job! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my grumpy easter card. I appreciate the support. I'm a new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the paper piecing - fab layout

    (sorry for the late comment - work and holidays keeping me busy lol) Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog - hope to see you again soon

    Hel XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. i guessed i have missed a lot of your work. i love this card too. something about trees i love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena