Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cute Tree Skirt I made and I will be away

Hi Friends, I wanted to share my Fun Christmas tree skirt I made. I got the idea when I was on Pinterest and someone I follow pinned this TREE SKIRT from The Land Of Nod. I really loved the style and all the colors. So with that tree skirt being on the pricy end..I decided to make one myself. A little different of course. So check out the TREE SKIRT that I got the idea from.


All products for my tree skirt came to a total of $8 bucks..I had a few coupons, but even with them I would have only spent maybe $11 bucks. I already had the embroidery floss. I separated the 6 threads and made them 3 each. I hand cute the tree skirt base using my Hula Hoop for a template. A coffee mug for center circle. I used a shot glass for the Dots. Now I cut these Dots 2 times. Once using the open end of a shot glass..well they just didn't look right on the size of the skirt, so I took the bottom of the shot glass and made them smaller. I also won't cut my tree skirt, it will have to be places on before I put the bottom part of the tree in the holder. I made 120 Dots and hand sewn 97 on the skirt. It took me about a week to make. I have a bunch of left over Fleece that I might make my Cat a pet bed :) I know she will like that, since she loved laying on the tree skirt..hehe :)

Products Used/Purchased:
1 yard of White Fleece
1 sheet Felt each in the colors Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple, and Red (you get these in the craft area at J's
Embroidery Floss..Multi Pack I already had
Double Sided tape to hold the Dots on while I sewing
Hula Hoop-already had
Coffee Mug-already had
Shot Glass-already had

I will also be away until after Thanksgiving, So I won't be on blogger that much. I hope to stop by every now n then to see how things are going and to leave comments. I hope everyone has a Great Thanksgiving!!

Hugs, Sheena

1 comment:

  1. oh sheena, i already told you how pretty your tree skirt came out, but...i wanted to tell you again. i really love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena