I got this recipe from Allrecipes
Amish Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
**My Notes** This was my first time making a Breakfast Casserole. My Sweetie has been asking me to find a recipe, so I found this one...simple recipe. Next time I make this recipe I'll use Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles as well as the bacon. I also added pepper to my piece after cooking. Next time I'll add pepper before cooking. You could also add in Veggies or other meats like Ham. This has A LOT of Cheese. I might add less cheddar an swiss an add more hash browns..I love potatoes. This is a really filling recipe. Will make again. Enjoy!