Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tater-Tot Casserole (recipe share)

Prep*

Ingredients


Before Baked


Cooked...Yummy!

I got this recipe on Tasty Kitchen from aparks88

Tater-Tot Casserole

Ingredients

  • ½ bags (16 Oz Bag) Frozen Tater Tots
  • 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
  • 1 can (10.75 0z Can) Cheddar Cheese Soup
  • 1 can (10.75 Oz. Can) Cream Of Mushroom Soup
  • 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
  • 1-½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375F.

While the oven is preheating, throw tater tots on a pan and toss in the oven.

Cook beef thoroughly over medium heat until well browned, making sure it’s crumbled well. Drain grease.

In an 8×11 glass baking dish, mix beef, both soups and sour cream together. Top with shredded cheese. Then add preheated tater tots on top of the shredded cheese in rows, making sure there are no gaps in between each tot. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.

This recipe can be easily doubled, or tailored to however you see fit.


**My Notes** I have been looking for a recipe that was a bit smaller than the Duggar's recipe for Tater-tot casserole. I love that show and I wanted to try their famous recipe. Well I looked an looked for a smaller recipe an I found one. This recipe was so FILLING!! My only complaint was the mushroom soup..for some reason no matter what I make that uses that soup I get so sick when I open the can..the smell just makes me sick. I love the soup in recipes. I also used a 32oz bag of Tots an pre-cooked them all..yea I had some left over after covering the casserole, but I snacked on those while waiting for the casserole to be done. I also add my own seasonings to the meat like Seasoning salt, Pepper and Pepper on top of the filling. This will be a good recipe for those cold Fall/Winter days. Also this is even better the next day heated up..mmm. Will make again!

2 comments:

  1. oh sheena, this recipe is so good. we love it here. i use the mini tater tots.
    yummy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the kind comments and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Sheena